Travel Warning for Tourist Travelling Nepal

7 comments
How will you response when a rich country issue travel warning saying “Political violence remains a problem in Nepal, various party subgroups, continues to engage in extortion, abuse, and threats of violence, political parties or community groups frequently call strikes, or bandhs, and have threatened physical violence to Nepali and non-Nepali alike for violating these strikes”. I ask this question to few of my friends then I got pleasing answer “It’s nothing, these facts are true and they are concern about the security of their citizen”. I was also quit satisfied. Why not? This is the land where every year more than 800 strike are called, a person kill a man and become the CCM of a political party next day, 16000 people were slaughter for a political motive, and everyday people are threatened to abandon their houses in the village and are forced to live as a internal refugee. So, why I won’t be with my friends?

I saw this humiliating travel warning in the official web site of US Government. Then I start comparing America with Nepal. American citizen are scared of Nepal, they are shortening their stay in Nepal, American thinks that they are going through the nightmare while walking in the street of Kathmandu seeing all those strike, tear gas, curfew, latthi charge etc. Whereas, we Nepali are dying to go US, we demonstrate against embassy for not allowing us visa, we call US our land of nod. Every year thousands of Nepali are flying to their dreamland hoping for their bright career. Don’t know how many of them have achieved their dream but it is sure that their dream is not shattered into nightmare. We here in Nepal are living in filthy condition. With no hope, no future and living just for survival.


This doesn’t mean I am hopeless. I have a hope to live a life, not only for survival but also for the betterment. This is true that we are all messed up but there is also a chance. All we have to do is grab that chance. At this time I am thinking about the quote “नेपाल सुन्दर, शान्त, बिशाल” ” written by the great poet Laxmi Pd. Devkota. What would he say if he was alive? This was the first thing that came to my mind while I was reading that travel warning. And I was ashamed of myself reading that article where we were portrayed as catastrophes. But this is my earnest request to you all that let’s come together and bring Nepal out in front so that America will never have to issue such type of travel warning.

7 comments

Amir Subedi 28 May, 2009

you catch a fantastic topic!
If it is in my hand than Nobel Prize for Peace is belongs to you my brother!

Anonymous 28 May, 2009

gud work man i appreciate it..... keep updating

TheSanz 28 May, 2009

nice work keep it up man ...........

Anonymous 28 May, 2009

Wonderful topic. We Nepalese must think about this issue. Espeically the so called political leaders should immediately think about it. Why don't you forward it to the PM; Madhav Kumar Nepal....

Sabean 28 May, 2009

good topic
i was a little surprised about the warning in official US GOVt. website although the situation in Nepal says it's not a strange thing.
keep posting dude.

Anonymous 30 May, 2009

Wonderful article. I appreciate your work.But then again, what can we expect from a country where terrorist becomes PM, and people elect terrorist government. The only way to live happily is turn blind eye.I might sound selfish....but do we have options here....

Anonymous 30 May, 2009

If Nepal was a big prosperous nation like the USA and i were one of the federal employees working in the Department of State and then if America was a troubled litle nation like ours, i wouldnt hesitate an inch to issue a similar article to my Nepali fellow travellers. so i feel they have done no wrong in issuing this public interest to all concerned.

Post a Comment