Movie Freak

No comment yet

Last week I watched few movies. The first one was Freedom Writer. When I copied it from my class mate’s laptop my search for the movie ended after 3 years. That night not even 12 hrs of power cutoff stopped me from watching Hilary Swank in one of her best performance. My dream of being a software engineer was emotionally overcome by a character of a high school tutor. And after 2 hrs 2 minutes and 39 seconds’ new dream came to light; Mr. Ramesh as a teacher. Second one was Wall Street: Money Never Sleep and I was dreaming myself as a Wall Street Guy planning to achieve an American Dreams. Third one was The Notebook (it was the second time screening after I went off the stock) and this time I really wished having a girlfriend, the greatest dream of all for the gig like me. Next day I invited my project partners in my room and we planned to go for Amir Khan’s DhobiGhat and I shared the feeling with them and feared that I might set new aim of being a Dhobi.

This is not the first time I felt this way. When I was a kid I had similar feelings. It was in Class 6 I went to theaters for the first time. I got a leave from school to attend the religious ceremony of my relatives but I bunked the ceremony and went for the movie with my cousin. We bought 15 rupees ticket of Special and Rajesh Hamal started killing villains rinsing with the bucket full of water and rubbing mud in his body(It was in Mato Bolcha). Oh my god! What a hero? After that I didn’t have to pay a penny for Rajesh Hamal. All I had to do was close my eyes and he used to come to me with mud all over his body, sometime with sword, sometime with beard and a stick, sometime singing ‘Ukali Orali Gardai’ and ‘Rato Tika Nidar ma’ and went to his shooting when my mom waked me with her harsh voice. I never missed to be in my neighbor’s bedroom every Friday to meet my hero in NTV. During that time I had an aim of buying our own TV and every Disk of Rajesh Hamal’s movie. The first part was fulfilled when my neighbor scolded me in front of my dad but the second one is still Mission Impossible.

I never let myself get away from TV room on Saturday’s afternoon. And new character started to rule my hard disk. Sunil Sheety, Sunny Deol, Ajay Devgan never got away from my eyesight. The longer the last fights the better the movie and who could it be more than these trio of Bollywood. The fever of Rajesh Hamal was slowly decreasing every Saturday. And by the time I reached class 7 new dreams started to groom in my processor. NTV started playing ‘Tum pas aye yuii muskkuraye’ and shopkeeper of our village started to make double in Hajmola Candey. I started spending every penny I had to buy Hajmola Candey and collect the card of Rani Mukherjee. When my school mates used to gamble with WWE superstars I used to fill my pockets with my dream queen. I had a fight with my classmate( and we didn’t spoke for 2 years) when he said Aishworya Rai was Miss World. For me Rani was the most beautiful of all and how could Aish be the Miss World. And when I realized Rani was not the Miss World I didn’t dare to look at his face. And it was in high school my dream girl and I got the big prize, she got filmfare for the best supporting actress for Veer Zara and I got my disgusting nick name while watching her as Samiya Al Siddiki.

In class 9 the door of Hollywood opened for me. I got chance to watch Titanic with my elder brother. I just understood two words Jack and Rose and that was more than enough for me to talk to my cousin, and not to forget it was the first time I saw a naked girl. I took one whole day to recite the story of Titanic. I don’t know how I did that. I bought the Handkerchief of Jack and Rose and post cards. I post them on the Geometry box and on the back of Calculator. My Principle seized the geometry box but I succeeded in saving the calculator which I have till today. I started growing my hair and comb it like Jack. Once I tried to color my hair red but my mom and dad were so furious that I had to color it black the next day. It took 3 years for me to know the real name of Jack and Rose and 8 years to reunite with them in Revolutionary Road. This time I understood them but I don’t have to recite the story to my cousin. And today my hair got trimmed itself like Bruce Willis and I am really wishing not to copy his style, at least a hair.

Post a Comment