Insignificant 23

2 comments

Gandhi said that “whatever you do in life will be insignificant, but it's very important that you do it. Because nobody else will”. That’s what I’m thinking now. Trying to do something insignificant, something nobody else will do or have done. I don’t think any of you got a clue what I’m talking about; don’t worry I’ll tell you. By 23, Gandhi had 3 kids; Mozart, 37 symphonies; Nadal, 41 titles; Messi, FIFA player of the year and here I am …………...(I also don’t know). Yes I’m 23 and I’m not that much genius that I could think of an insignificant deed. And about above paragraph anyone less genius then me also can find out that I stole it from a movie, but not all of it. I believe in open source so a little modification can make my work original.

Yesterday my mood was not really into cooking so I went to Baneshwor Chowk. The street kitchens are being popular these days and personally I am the great fan of street foods. Last time when I went for street food I had a horrible experience. Some stupid gal threw her trash in my foot. That was crazy. I was afraid that same thing might go again but it was just some other day. That day her apologies couldn’t cheer me up. But today one thing is bringing smile in my face i.e. she was celebrating her 23rd birthday with friends.

World Cricket League Division 4: Nepal lost to Tanzania and USA so it couldn’t qualify for Division 3. The hope of whole nation to see our team in world cup was shattered on the very moment Nepal lost to Tanzania in group stage when they couldn’t chase the minuscule target of 118. Despite that Nepal won an insignificant match i.e. 3rd place playoff with 10 wickets against same Tanzania. After the tournament I went through the profile of every team. And to my surprise ours was the youngest team in the tournament and the average age was 23 yrs.

Last week I got an invitation of facebook fan page named “Martyrs of Nepal”. Though I knew the most part of the story about four Martyrs of BS 1997, I read the post. And Gangalal Shrestha really swept my feet off. When I went through his Biography I was amused. How could he give his life for the insignificant cause named Democracy? Insignificant in a sense that nothing has happened in last 60 years of democratic regime. On Kartik 15, 1997, he and Dasharath Chand were shot dead in front of Shobha Bhagwati. And guess what he was 23 yrs old.

These insignificant 23’s are driving me crazy. As Gandhi said that whatever you do in life will be insignificant, so was that girl’s apologies, so was Nepal’s win, and so was Martyrdom of Gangalal. And today it’s 23rd August, so here comes another insignificant post INSIGNIFICANT 23.

2 comments

Anonymous 23 August, 2010

i'm also one of the insignificant 23

Amir Subedi 27 August, 2010

muwaaaa....

Post a Comment