Batch 2006 A Memento

No comment yet

The Inception: The playlist in my media player was playing Kid Rock ‘All Summer Long’. I neither bother to add another one to the list nor did I try to pause it. ‘It was 1989, my thoughts were short my hair was long’. The lucid images of my early college life started to roll around my eyes. My long hair which I cherish these days in facebook albums had an interesting role in marking the beginning of my college life. Frequent hide and seek with the coordinator to save it from getting trimmed were funny. But more than that my foreheads along with Nabin, Ghoda, and Migsho were the nice bargaining chips for 2006 batch to get, what they want. To mentioned a few, bunking canteen to visit the Baje ko bhatti pasal early in the morning, blaming teachers for not teaching good, bunking practical classes blaming load shedding. And when asked to trim the hair, I didn’t have to say a word coz the whole class was there with the readymade answer; why don’t you first arrange a practical, why don’t you first buy a cricket bat, basketball, why don’t you get the toilet cleaned and many more in the list (I remembered summarizing them to 21 points in 2nd year). And the last one about the toilet was special one from Gaurav.

The Romance:Later days in Baneswor were more romantic, with the frequent visit to the cafeteria, a rose day celebration, getting your body warm with winter sun in the balcony and piping through the window of room 201. There was something warmer than the winter sun, I think Nangebaba, Bivor, Jayan and Laure know more than me about the winter of 2008. And how can I forget getting the new analogy the president Sarkozy, the romantic Neta. But the worst part of it, Sarkozy got Carla Bruni and I’m still single. Neither the 35 bucks rose nor the Bade’s challenge around TT board worked for me. But many many thanks to Chicken for being an allies gathering information and getting a cell no. And I think I’m not the only one to thank her. After all her nickname ‘Keti ko Dallal’ worked well for her then.

The Memento: The classic dialogue of Pandey ‘Dherai hero nabhai, muji lai yehi baneswor chowk ma gaddinchu feri’, the sexy slap of Tori on everybody’s arse, Gabbar Singh laugh of shiva, kukur birala fight between poje and Chake. Jagadamba Steel’s body of a Modal. Legendary Jodi of Amitabh bacchan and jaya bacchan(sorry Alchiko poko and Fuchhi, I couldn’t find a better analogy for you guys). 24/7 Black and white Fakhira. Once in a full moon Bharat. Salman Bhai sumeru and Sagun. And our Chinese friend Gu Sung and Dick Sung. But Laure who are they really? I also don’t know exactly, please let me know. Sports week 2008, 2009, CITS 2010, IT#, IT Conference, and Farewell Party in Anandaban. And many many more, but hot conversation are not included. Cherish them yourself.

I have a strange feeling about being a graduate. There were few occasion when I really wished for. But today when I’m the one I have a sour feeling. Because I will badly miss you all. (………………….)

I think someone is absent here too. But my blank space for ( ) Manoj.

Post a Comment