Mary Poppins Creche

No comment yet
It was just another day; nothing unusual or exciting was happening. The most noticeable fact about the torrid summer morning was that the sun was ascertain to make you tandorri (Copyright from Alchiko Poko, sorry boss got to borrow your word) by the end of the day. And what more to expect in the Capital if it was the fifth morning without the rainfall? I had few things to take care of in my old place so I thought of getting them done. I hoped that would be the perfect beginning for the week. After scaling few streets, I was in my old neighborhood. It was just a couple of weeks so there weren’t any conspicuous changes.

I didn’t know what the morning life was like in the neighborhood because never got chance to be a part of it. First it was morning college which not only took my sleep but also aloof me from the morning life of the neighborhood. Second, I never wake up to say good morning on weekend, it used to be Good Afternoon by the time I was off the bed. Today I got the excellent chance to be the spectator, more than that I was the participant.

Loud wailing behind the wall was enough to catch my attention. The wall was painted with cartoons, alphabets (A for Apple, B for Ball, and C for Cat and D for Dog). I didn’t hesitate to stretch my neck to get my eyes past the wall and see what was going on. It was the morning assembly of the school. A mentor was shouting commands and the kids were following a PT Drill. And the ground was filled with the fog of dirt. The brown Roland Garros, I gave the smile. My god! So many Nadal, so many future clay court champions. Can’t we expect few more Grand Slams from Asia in coming years (let’s not get satisfied with the success of Li Na).

Jokes apart, It was the nostalgic portal. I was visualizing myself among them performing a drill. After a couple of minutes or so the loud music broke my day dream. The speaker was playing the track of the National Anthem. I rolled my eyes around to search for the speaker. It was hung on the balcony besides the large hoarding boarding painted in artistic fonts with the words ‘Mary Poppins Creche’.

Mary Poppins Creche? What kind of name is this? ‘The curiosity grew in my mind. Before the query was solved there was the child orchestra singing ‘Sayeu thunga ful ka hami eutai mala nepali’. Wooa what a song? It was years since I heard the national anthem sang with such energy. The fog of dirt was slowly settling and the sun rays piercing through the iota of dirt was imparting rainbow. The mellifluous national anthem, balmy morning sun and the perfect rainbow was enough to make the environment around the Mary Poppins heavenly.

Walking away from the wall of Mary Poppins I remembered a quotation written by a friend back in high school; ‘Beauty lies in the eye’ that beholds it’. I couldn’t make a sense of it then and I was left staring at the board. My gape posture wasn’t new because I was renamed (Twaa) after my unique style. Today seeing these beautiful poppins singing national anthem at full swing standing in the middle of Nepalese Roland Garros everything was making sense. There was nothing ugly because my eyes were beholding every beauty of the universe. The soothing national anthem, weird but beautiful dirty ground, and the warm and pleasant summer morning. Yea it was best the start you would want for the week.

Post a Comment