The Trail to Explore Me in Me

No comment yet

Writing: Its boom, it's magic. When I started writing, I discovered that I was doing more than just telling a story. See, writing is a weapon, and it's more powerful than a fist can ever be. Every time I sat down to write, I could rise above the walls of this prison. I could look out over the walls all across the state of New Jersey, and I could see Nelson Mandela in his cell writing his book. I could see Huey. I could see Dostoyevsky. I could see Victor Hugo, Emile Zola. And they would say to me, "Rube, what you doin' in there?" And I say, "Hey, I know all you guys." These are the lines recited by Denzel Washington staring as Rubin "Hurricane" Carter in a movie "Hurricane". Every time I sat down to write, these lines always buzz around my ears and the vim, the delight with which Denzel whisper these word drives me along the path of atonement. It was the day I vowed to write, no matter for what, no matter for whom. It was the Hurricane that winds up the confusion and spawns the thirst of finding me in me.

Yes it is true to say"writing is about exploring what is true of oneself". I found one of my friends trying to explore him. He mailed me his initial trails: Mood Recession. It was subtle. And this reaction of mine was something like" the sunshine breaking through the dimness and lighting up everything" for him. Seeing all his joy and I on the other hand, how could I dare not to agree Mr. Ruben's quote "writing is a weapon, and it's more powerful than a fist can ever be". I here remember my friend quote in Mood Recession "raindrops and teardrops, both are equally painful". This simple yet acute quote was enough to prove the power that was lying under a roof of that very man. This power of him has already given the strength to fly across the obstacles and float freely beyond the realm of wretchedness.

Time and again we talk about The Great, but we never tend to explore the Great that lies inside us. It would be nice if by any means we would be able to dig into the greatness of ourselves. Can that magic, that power dig into the human souls. For the Great yes, but haven't yet reached to me. This might be the same in the case of the author of the 'Mood Recession'. But that doesn't mean the trail has ended here. It will continue until the soul falls to one's doom.


Post a Comment