All for the cause

No comment yet
Last week I started the new cause "Allow BIT Graduate to write Er. (Registered Engineer) "in facebook. And this decision of mine didn't come just at once. I think a lot before rolling the mouse on home page of my facebook profile. The first thought that got into my nerve was "How stupid will I sound for provoking this cause?" but there is different dimension to think about. We spend 4 yrs of our life, complete 138 credit hours, invest 4lakhs, study every subject engineering students do and when we finally graduate what the hell we become? I don't know guys what really should I have to say when I graduate. But I know this for sure; I won't be an engineer.

Is there any reason for not allowing IT graduate to register in Engineering Council, or it's just a tradition to register those who graduated with the degree prefixed BE are liable for the title Er. And more than this there is another facts that makes me laugh i.e. BE graduate and IT graduate are given same responsibility in all the organizations but people hesitate to call the later one engineer. When I was kid my teacher taught me the comparative word for mean and it was "as mean as miser". But now if somebody asks me what is the best expression for mean then I have my readymade answer i.e. "as mean as NEC". If Nepal Engineering Council does not register IT graduate as an IT Engineer then what more can we say then as mean as NEC. Everyday the street of Kathmandu are burning for the cause that I never considered as the cause. It is not because I'm hate revolution but it is because I hate the way they are making the mockery of their cause. And in our case we don't want to be like those street fighters and we don't want our cause to be like theirs. As we know IT professional are the THINK TANK so we want to raise our cause in an intellectual way.

I wrote about society, I spoke on behalf of my country, I discussed for the sake of my ideology, I shouted against bad and I revolt for freedom. And again I'll write, I'll speak, I'll discuss, I'll shout and I'll revolt but it will be for a different cause. This time it will be for my career, for my future profession and for my cause" Allow BIT Graduate to write Er. (Registered Engineer) " .

Post a Comment