Pony Patriot

1 comment
Going through the Saturday edition of The Nagarik, I felt like getting laddu in both hands. The first one is 12 pages free in same 5 rupees and the second one is that it is dedicated mostly to books. Last Saturday we had a small gathering in my place so I asked a friend to bring Nagarik. After reading it I felt satisfied with the expenditure. Reading Buddhisagar is always funny and this time ‘Huss Guru’ was not an exception. I was so excited reading ‘Huss Guru’ that I was laughing at every line. I thought that was annoying my friends so one started watching music videos in my laptop and another one started yawing in my bed.
‘Sunko bala lauuni dhoko fukaunu cha rin ko poko’ the song was continuing in the background as I was reading and applauding every line.
The melody was brought into halt by the Rap. So my friend burst out.
‘What? ‘I took my eyes from the newspaper.
‘Nothing’ he continued his giggling.
‘Did I say anything wrong?’ I thought he was laughing at me.
‘No, it’s not you’ he controlled himself and continued again. ‘See this, why did he have to feature Rap in this song, he is making potpourri of Rap and Nepali, and this is completely nonsense man’.
I frowned at him, folded the newspaper and was ready to involve with him.
‘Is that so? Are you the student of music? Do you know what is Sur? What is Taal? I don’t think so, so how can you say it is a potpourri’
‘No but it sound so disgusting, listen him, he sounds so artificial’
‘Oh I see what you mean; you mean that he didn’t sound natural isn’t it’.
‘Yes, exactly’
‘I think he would have sounded natural if he had said ‘I wanna a fuck you’ like Akon isn’t it? I think speaking vulgar is natural in Rap don’t you think so buddy’ I was defending Avinash Ghising though I was not his fan.
‘I didn’t mean that way’.
‘Whatever, but I understood that he was using Nepali, and without any vulgar words so he was not sounding natural, mmmm I think he is making a potpourri of Rap’ I started laughing at him.
‘Nobody can talk to you, let me listen the song’.
‘Ok’ and I continued my reading.

Last Wednesday I had the similar experience in my workplace. One of my colleagues was playing Metal in his Chi-phone (Chinese version of I-phone). As I’m the country type of guy so the tornado in his Chi-phone was not making any sense to me. Suddenly the tornado stopped and I heard the guy singing a Nepal song. I was really wishing him to stop his chi-phone and now there was u-turn in the genre of songs he was playing. And that was my genre. I jumped from my seat and started singing.
‘Aankha aankha boleni maan sanga maan bolna baki cha’
Everybody threw their glare at me so I paused myself and slowed down to my normal gesture but I was still lisping with the singer.
‘Oie what happened to you buddy?’ the owner of the Chi-phone reacted.
‘Nothing’ I was back in my seat. ‘It’s just that I was really wising you to stop your chi-phone’ I replied.
‘And why were you so excited about the Nepali songs?’ he was asking me in condescending manner so I replied him with real pose.
‘Because I love the song and you know what, its more Pleasants than you bullshit metal’
‘Haha what do you mean by bullshit Metal?’ He was in no mood to give up.
‘Because you don’t understand a single word, and the music, god it’s a disaster’ I was getting more incensed with his blindfolded support to Metal.
‘Metal is not bullshit but this song is bullshit hahaha’ he started making mockery of the Nepali song. ‘Aankha ankha boleni… haha…. How can an eye talk man? .. haha.. what a bullshit songs’ his tone was getting more rude.
‘If so tell me the lyrics of the song you were listening before this’ I countered. My challenge muted him.
‘See you don’t even know the lyrics of the song and how can you say it’s a good song’ I felt like wining.
‘Go and learn the lyrics and talk about it’ I was enjoying his numbness.
And I started buzzing again ‘Jivan ko bato ukali ani orali samaunu haat maya timile’

To conclude, I never find myself in the bevy of patriots but sometime I enjoy putting some burden of nationality on my head. I rarely find myself defending crook nationality. Those were just a couple of occasion I became phony patriots.

1 comment

Prakash 12 May, 2011

Nice article.... enjoyed reading........

Post a Comment