Scofield Mania

1 comment
Finally it’s over. By this I mean ‘Scofield Mania’. I’ve been watching Prison Break for a year and I just finished it now. The moral Scofield taught me was more than the knowledge I could get from thousands books. ‘The fight for the freedom and the fight for your loved one worth more than the thousands battle fought in the human history’.

Getting along with the story I would like to start with the inception of this absurd mania. I was completely into television serial then with 4 seasons of Lost and 5 seasons of How I Meet Your Mom finished, I was looking for the next one. It was my friend from abroad who suggested me to watch Prison Break. Our cable operator didn’t broadcast ABC or AXN so I hurtle to every DVD store in the town but it was useless. I started googling the torrent for season 1, season 2, season 3. Everybody knows the speed of internet in Nepal. I waited weeks to complete the download. And what more it took me just a week to complete 3 seasons. I was touched so much by his heroic character that I went to the barber and trimmed my hair like Scofield. That was second time I copied somebody’s style. First one was Jack’s from Titanic around 10 years ago. But now with little hair left to comb like Jack, Scofield suits me more. Haha ain’t it funny? And about the final season, not even the google could locate the torrent. So I have to wait.

My wait was over after a year(last month) when my friend told that his boss had a DVD of season 4. So what? I asked him to borrow it from his boss. That’s how I completed the chapter of Scofield and his fight. More than me my junior from the college is a sycophant for Michal Scofield. After seeing season 1 he changed his profile name in facebook to Oggy Scofield and updated his status to ‘My name is Michal Scofield and I’m a fugitive’. I don’t know what Oggy means but the other part makes a clear sense. And last time I meet him he suggested a name for my son.
‘Ramesh dai you should name your son RJ’.
‘What does RJ stands for?’ I was curious.
‘It’s Ramesh Junior’ he laughed.
‘Haha you want my son to name like a Lincoln Junior (L J)’ I grinned at him. ‘I’ll think about it when I had one’ the big smiled came to my visage.

And there was a dessert of 1 and half hour in the form of a movie called The Final Break, I bought it and watched. It was the moody ending. I can’t imagine Scofield dead. But what more you want to see if he is dead. Its MJ i.e. Michal Junior the son of Michal Scofield putting flowers on the tomb of Scofield. I saw my melancholy face in the mirror when I completed the series. I don’t know why I became so fanatic about this series. It remind me of my movie mania when I was a teen in school. No matter how old I became I am getting more and more touched by these on screen fiction. Is it because I love fiction or is it because I am a real maniac or something else? I’m trying to find an answer.

1 comment

Ramesh Paudel 11 May, 2011

loved other character too like Alex Mahon, Sucre and T-bag certainly

Post a Comment