Friday 13th Jesth

1 comment
48 hours to go off the clock for the constitution and we can see all the attention and hurriedness summing around New Baneswor. Tens of group gathering around the Convention Center with banners some are chanting slogans others making a circle and dancing. God! Look at these morons’; it seems that they are performing Karaoke on the street. The result; its predictable, first no matter how much drama you perform in the street you are not getting the constitution and second no traffic in and out from Baneswor. This time second one was annoying me more (Last year I loathed the first one). The first difficulty I faced after moving out from Baneswor to Koteswor was to go for the morning walk during office hour from Koteswor to Thapathali. And not to forget that my morning walk was only for the week; the week we Nepali were supposed to get the new constitution.

Friday 13th Jesth, alarm remind me of my Putalisadak Dream at quarter to 5, I freshened myself, dressed up and headed to catch a bus. My bad luck there was no public transport, I wondered why? I returned to my room and started facebooking. Around 7 I got the call from my parents and that solved my queries about the public transport. I tuned the FM radio and there was the hurriedness of desperate Nepali citizen to get the new constitution. Half dozen vehicles were torched before the day break and the strike was called for the day. About organizer, I have to count my fingers to get the exact numbers of them so let it be. By the time the scorching summer sun started its business of making human tandoori I redressed myself, packed my bag and started for the office. I knew my one and half hours journey on foot was going to be dull.

The main road through New Baneswor would have been less dull to explore especially on strike days, but today I preferred the duller one. I took the Bagmati Corridor to Thapathali. Once I crossed the small iron bridge near ANFA Technical Centre Chyasal I happened to encounter a couple of girls around 6 or so. Their tatty get up remind me of a GRE word; Ragamuffins. My visage lightens up seeing the bravery of my Cerebrum. I thought they were from the slums of Sankhamul. My thought of Bagmati Corridor being less interesting than the main road was proving wrong. Those girls were catching my full attention. They were hiding behind the trunk of the big tree. As I approached near them I heard the Nepali song ‘Haraye ma timro komal jhai nayan ma, timro tyo roop ko mohani ma haraye’.
Second girl grab the cell and asked ‘Do you have that songs’.
‘Which one’ the first one tried to reach for the cell but the second one stretched her arms away from her.
‘The song where Rekha Thapa takes a boat, she has a short hair…. That one k ’ She explain the plot of the song.
‘Oh I see ‘Sagar sari Chokho maya !!’
‘Yea yea yea that one, I love it so much, don’t you have it on the cell phone’
‘No I don’t, but my brother does. I’ll get it tomorrow’
‘Sagar sari chokho maya timilai deula’ the second one started singing and swaying her body with the melody. She circled the whole tree with her graceful dance.

As soon as I reached in front of them the first girl noticed me. She hurried to the second one, grab the cell phone from her hand, and hide her face with the both hands. Her shyness was something worthy to watch. Despite Her messed up hairs and face she was looking beautiful. The second one turned back as the music was brought into a halt by my arrival. She too noticed me and what more she couldn’t stand her awkwardness so she hurtled behind the tree by hiding her face like the first one did. And they both giggled behind the tree. By this time I have already crossed the tree. I couldn’t content myself so I turned back to watch them. They were spying on me by hiding behind the tree. My eyes were off the road and busy in capturing every moment of the girls behind the tree so I stumbled on the stone. I almost fell. This time it was my turn to get red. I heard the loud outburst behind the tree. I felt shy and didn’t dare to look them again.
‘Ok let’s go, mom will kill me if she know I stole her cell’ I heard them talking. They hurried and disappeared in the bushes.
I gathered myself and hurried my steps toward the office.

When the whole country’s attention was grabbed by the Karaoke around the Convention Hall, mine was blown up by those kids behind the tree. Can there be anything more beautiful and serene then to watch those innocent enjoying every moment of their life despite every hardship and poverty. Certainly not.
The whole day they ruled by brain and I felt rejoiced every time they came in my imagination. I was in no mood to spoil my happy mood so I put myself aloof from the media whole weekend. On the morning of Jesth 15th I saw the headlines on the newspaper hung on the bookstore that the tenure of the CA was added for next three month. What’s new in this? Nothing. That means I again will have to go for the morning walk after 3 month. Thank you 601 for thinking about my health. Because I might need it then as my belly has already started to add layers.

1 comment

Anonymous 29 May, 2011

i think it is better we keep ourself away from these political filth

Post a Comment