Books Are Something Different

1 comment
It’s been almost four year since I first got chance to read “Palpasa Café”. I borrowed it from my friend and finished it on one stand. In fact it was him who suggested me to read. And I would like to thank him for lending me the novel that is now one of my favourite, thank you Bnay. At that time it was in every newspaper that Narayan Wagle felicitated by Madan Puraskar for the year for his outstanding work “Palpasa Café”. I liked it so much that soon I bought one, but I lost it later. Some stupid fellow borrowed from me and never return it again. And today also I hate lending book to anyone.

Last month I finished the world best seller “The Alchemist” by Paulo Coelho. And don’t know really what to say about it because I am not a fan of fantasy based novel. But I can definitely say that ours are not bad. Spending free time with books and being with the character at least till the book is open is simply great. I don’t know how many character I went through but it is Drishya who is still fresh in my memories. That doesn’t mean Santiago is not. I also remember mesmerizing Natasha Rostov from War and Peace, Ryan from Five Point Someone, Rishi from Tutor of History and who could forget the great Pelageia Nilovna from The Mother. Everybody wants to do something different and that is what I always try to do in my free time: New books, new character, new circumstances and nevertheless new experience. If any of you are thinking what to do in your free time then why don’t you try being with some of these character who has been so outstanding in the field of literature.

In Nepal, people always hate to read mostly youngsters. They don’t like themselves being with the bulk of books and freak themselves out. They think they don’t like to waste their precious time with books and miss a chance to enjoy with friends, movies and outings. This trend is taking us to nowhere. Just try few hours of your free time to read something and you’ll start liking it soon. You have all time in earth to be with your friends, watch movies, disco or something else and giving a piece of it to books won’t ruin your adulthood. And I’m sure that it will help you a lot later when you start working. It will help you to build yourself as a perfect person. So let’s take a break, look for a book ………… don’t find one? Sorry bro I can’t help coz I hate lending books. Why don’t you go for the bookstores? Don’t worry you will enjoy it. Just give a chance who knows you may be the one to explore the new character like Drishya, Natasha or Santiago in future.

1 comment

Anonymous 24 July, 2009

good job
keep it up,

Post a Comment