Test your Fortune

2 comments

Few of the college buddies went for testing their destiny; it wasn't with fortune teller but was with fortune turner of Khichapokhari, New Road. Some of you might be thinking who the hell is the fortune turner? And here is the answer E-Spot Nepal. I am in no mood to make a joke over here so let's be serious. Yesterday we went to fill the form for the EDV Lottery 2011 and once I was there in our fortune turner's office in New Road the cold chill rush through the leg and slowly swift toward my head. I was left there paralyzed in the same seat for almost 2 hours. And in front of me were ill-fated and desperate country people who were testing their luck to take off from this cursed land. Young, old, on the job, jobless, retired, women, man, it seemed that there is nobody left. Everybody trying to see how their luck flies.

I tried to examine most of their face and it wasn't simple, yet their face clearly says one thing "let's see if my destiny is really with me". More than that I can't say because I'm no Sigmund Freud. To see retired grandfather come to E- Spot and fill the EDV form was something interesting. He invest all his years, brought up family, experience good and bad and now when time came to rest and be happy for his broods; he wants to say goodbye and just go there for what I don't know and maybe he too don't know. To see government officer come with spouse and kids, talk bad about the country and show how much desperate is he to leave the country. To see college lads come and show themselves that they are no less modernize than some American dude like them. And finally to see the housewife come to E-Spot and show her itty-bitty knowledge of English was enough to paralyze me for 2 hours. And more than above there was one more interesting scene that will make the perfect human being laugh, that was four of the IT graduate come to E-Spot to fill their form because they don't know how to edit their photo and don't know how to fill the submission form online.

My friends did their job but despite staying there for almost 2 hours I returned empty handed. I don't know why I didn't fill the form. Was it to save 125 rupees (50% off to student, nice business huh), or was it that I really love my country. Second one I don't think is nice thing to say and the first one might be the nice reason as I know how to edit photos and how to fill forms online. At least that is what 3 years of stay in IT College gave to me.

2 comments

Anonymous 01 November, 2009

When u are filling the dv form (though on ur own) why are u making remarks on others filling the form!!

and yh...u still are confused u whether u love ur country or not!! If u hd some love..u wudnt hv a confusion over it!!
:P :P
anyways k gardai chas twa aajkal...
collg ko halkhabar k cha??
ki ajai purbanchal sucks vandai basdai ho??
:P

oe mula sunna...windows 7 free re ni nepali students lai!!

ramesh 01 November, 2009

i too heard abt that news of microsoft...k bho ra bill gates is doing great job to ensure his future market...aba future ma window ma nai kaam garni bhaiyo...aba PU sucks haina Linux sucks hola jasto cha....akhir bill gates ko nun ko sojo ta garna paryo ni haina ta....but i dont know who am i replying...plz write ur name yar..sorry for that hai

Post a Comment